Re: status of non-US

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:12:24AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [040928 18:36]:
> > The only package in non-US/main left over is vtun. I spoke with the
> > maintainer, and he wants to do a new upload as soon as the new release
> > of vtun happens. I specifically asked him to upload his package to main
> > ASAP if this is ok from the package.
>
> Update: I sponsored an upload of vtun to main; it is currently sitting
> in new.
>
> So, the only thing left now is pgp5i in non-US/non-free (and AFAICS this
> can't go to non-free).

I can imagine that there are more candidates than the ones in
non-US/non-free now.

A while ago, I offered to sponser a package which was in woody, but
which has since been pulled from the archive. It sat in non-US/non-free.
This is the only reason why it didn't happen; I can obviously not upload
a package to a non-working archive. However, it did prompt the upstream
developers to see whether they could get rid of the non-free code (which
is, of course, a good thing). They didn't finish that yet (as back then
wasn't the time to prepare a new release), but if nothing changed,
they're still considering to do so.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks