Re: gnutls transition and new packages from sid

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:06:52PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Matthias Urlichs has already filed bugs against packages that
> still depend on gnutls7 and gnutls10 and their libgcrypt
> counterparts. I noticed that libphone, which is close to transition
> from sid, depends on gnutls10 for i386.

SID balrog:/# dpkg -l '*libphon*'
No packages found matching *libphon*.

> Wouldn't it be better to file RC bugs against gnutls7 and gnutls10
> to prevent new packages entering sarge that depend on them?

This wouldn't prevent depending packages to propagate to sid as long
as gnutls7 and gnutls10 continue to be available in testing and the
shlibs-files are not bumped.

> Especially as gnutls11 is the only version with the backported DoS
> security fixes.

Ig gnutls10 has outstanding issues a bug of appropriate severity
should be filed.
                cu andreas