Re: Any chance of getting a more recent thunderbird into Sarge?

Andrew McMillan wrote:

Hi,

I notice that the release of mozilla-thunderbird in Sarge is 0.5-4 and
the current release in Sid is 0.8-2.  Apparently this is blocked by
being out of date on m68k, and possibly on MIPS - both of these are at
0.7.3-6, which is still significantly newer than the release in Sarge.

Is there anything that can be done to get a newer release in Sarge, or
is it just going to take a few more days?  It would be great if we could
get 0.8 in there, but even a 0.7.3 would be nice.  I notice that 0.7.x
and 0.8 do fix various security issues also.
Thunderbird is now ready. All architectures build and no RC bugs are open. Thus, I think that 0.8-2 will go into sarge (unless something wierd happens again).

Alexander

--
GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal