Re: Reintroduce doc++ to sarge, Build-Depends for other packages

Mark Purcell wrote:

It would appear that doc++ was incorrectly removed from both testing and unstable as it was thought that it was obsoleted by a Java documentation package, however doc++ was also an important Build-Depends for a number of packages in sarge (See #265273 for history):

Sorry, this was my fault! I thought that only Java packages were using doc++ as a replacement for javadoc. The pkg-java team switched most of the Java packages to gjdoc and when I requested the removal of mozilla-ldapsdk (the last Java package that was using doc++) I thought doc++ could also be removed.

Of course, I should have checked the build dependencies first (I only checked package dependencies). Sorry again for the trouble that I've caused and for my late reply. I've been away a couple of days since last Friday.

If someone wants to take over doc++ you are more than welcome! You should probably re-open the closed doc++ bugs and fix them if possible. But upstream delevopment seems to have stopped (the last update was in December 2002) so doxygen might be a better solution for the packages that currently use doc++.

Stefan