LFS support on Debian 3.1

Hi,

I'm not sure who is compiling the Release Notes for Debian 3.1 (thus the
CC) but we should probably mention that Large File Support (LFS) is
incomplete and that only a limited number of client and server programs
are known to work.

Programs which work (server):
proftpd, vsftpd, bittorrent

Programs which work (client):
lftp, bittorrent

Programs which fail (server):
apache (#156792), apache2 (#244897 ?)

Programs which fail (client):
wget (#240281), mozilla, galeon, epiphany-browser

That all I've tested - probably worthwhile someone testing more clients.

My test vector has been:

ftp://ftp.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2004/LCA2004-dvd.iso

as I've not been able to find HTTP servers which work (not that I tested
many either).

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` All actions take place in time by the interweaving of the
 forces of Nature; but the man lost in selfish delusion thinks