Re: Release update: lib transitions, toolchain fixes, buildd backlog

Peter,

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:28:19PM +0200, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
>    I read here about strong commitment for new kernel 2.4.27 and 2.6.8.1
>    Kernel 2.6.8.1 has some severe bugs defuncting USB and some other
> devices, etc. It's maybe the most experimental and broken kernel since
> 2.6. In no way desirable to make it into Sarge. Kernel 2.6.7 is quite
> good for the Sarge. Please don't touch it.

You will want to discuss such problems with the Debian kernel team, not
with me personally.  Better yet, you might want to file bug reports
about any problems you've had with the Debian packages.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer