Re: Another woody to sarge upgrade report

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 21:08:09 -0400, James Strandboge wrote:
> I am the maintainer of the gnome2.2 backport for woody, and in working
> on the transition of the backport to sarge I ran into the problem with
> 'apt' on woody where packages get configured in the wrong order (because
> of how it deals with long lines) and therefore dist-upgrade failed with
> errors.  See bugs 263546 and 263545 for a discussion (though non-gnome
> packages like tetex-bin were also affected).

I've reassigned #263546 to the "upgrade-reports" pseudopackage (until
there's a more appropriate (pseudo)package for release notes related
issues); please provide feedback there.

Ray
--
UNIX is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history
of the hacker culture. It is our Gilgamesh epic.