Re: logrotate 3.7-2 and m68k

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:43:00PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:25:26PM +0100, Paul Martin wrote:
> > The m68k buildd was choking on logrotate due to a gcc internal error in
> > gcc-3.3. I've been pestered into ensuring that 3.7 gets into sarge
> > [m68k].
> >
> > All other arches are up-to-date in sarge. Only m68k has a much older
> > revision, due to the gcc error.
> >
> > What I've done is to compile a binary-only upload on crest using
> > gcc-3.0 and uploaded it to incoming today.
>
> gcc-3.0 isn't available in sid/sarge on m68k. Suppose that your package
> FTBFS's on m68k in sarge (I'm not saying it does, but it could easily be
> the case as at least the buildd that tried it failed to build it), then
> the security team has a real problem in case logrotate needs a security
> update some time in the future.

It is a FTBFS on sarge/m68k at the moment, but purely due to an
internal compiler error. I'm assuming that gcc-3.4 will be able to
compile it, but that's not currently in the sid chroot on crest, so I
wasn't able to test.

> Did you try building it in a sid chroot on crest, in stead of just on
> woody?

It was the sid chroot on crest that I used. The woody chroot doesn't
have gcc-3.*.

--
Paul Martin <pm@debian.org>