Re: non-US

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 06:08:43PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> What are we going to do about non-US for the sarge release? I notice
>> the images on gluck don't seem to contain any non-US files at all. Is
>> that how we want to proceed: just drop non-US?
>
>Even if you produce CDs with non-US on them, base-config will ignore it
>and the installed system will not know about the (few, generally
>outdated and broken) packages in non-US. And this isn't likely to change
>unless something changes to make non-US generally useful again. So you
>might as well not include it.

Works for me. Maybe it's worth checking on -release too, to check
people are happy with this.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer