Re: mass bug gnustep programs: policy violation

[Adding d-release because of the last question; please drop it on
replies as d-release is not a discussion list.]

* Matthew Palmer (mpalmer@debian.org) [040624 09:55]:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:01:43AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Matthew Palmer (mpalmer@debian.org) [040624 05:55]:

> > > That's what we do with packages that aren't of release quality.

> > Do you really and honestly believe that this bug means that gnustep is
> > not of release quality.

> (a) the policy needs to be reviewed as to whether it's impractical, or (b)
> the non-compliant packages need to be removed.
>
> So far, all I've seen is people saying that GNUstep doesn't need to follow
> Policy, which I cannot agree with.

No, I didn't say that. I just said that this behaviour is
1. an important, but not serious bug
2. that changing this behaviour at the given moment of time would do
   the package and the release a dis-favour, and the changing itself
   would constitute a serious bug.

> > In my opinion, these bugs are non-blockers for sarge, and one of the
> > issues that should be fixed for sarge+1.

> Ultimately, of course, the only opinion that matters for this is the RM and
> his cohort of happy hackers.  That's neither of us.  You say it's non-RC RC,
> I say it's RC RC.  We'll probably have to agree to differ.

Good. We seem to agree on that.

Please, can someone of the RMs say whether this bug should be solved
before or after release of sarge? (Or do you want to wait with a
statement on this until the GR is decided?)

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/