Debian and militarist propaganda

Hello,

I object to the Release Manager's decision of choosing a military-related
term ("sarge") for the next release of Debian.

I don't think this is done intentionaly, but using military terms to codename
a Debian release is in fact turning an innocent element into pro-militarist
propaganda. IMO, Debian should stay away from such political issues and use
politicaly-neutral terms for its releases.

This is specialy unfortunate because of the recent (post 11-S) activity
increase of the US army in its task of murdering innocent and violating human
rights around the world.

As a Debian developer, I find it quite unsatisfactory to contribute in a
distribution that uses pro-militarist terms in its releases. Therefore I
ask the Release Management team to reconsider this decision and use another
name.

Note that I'm only asking for a decision from the Release Managers. Please
refrain from starting a sterile debate on wether I'm right or not. It's just
a matter of opinion, not correctness. Also refrain from sending me any sort
of sarcastic or angry reponses, I really can live without them :).

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)