Re: removal / ignore suggestions

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [040606 03:55]:
> Digging into these now.  BTW, it would be helpful if you would include
> bug numbers with your requests, as this is ultimately what I base my
> decision on (since at a minimum I have to check that the bugs still
> apply), and what I've been using as the comment on the hints.

Ok, will do this in future.

> > # undistributable code in non-free, maintainer doesn't take action
> > remove 3270/3.2.17-2
> > remove abc2mtex/1.6.1-5

> At only 22 days, these are currently below my threshold.

What is your current threshold?

> > # FTBFS, first reported on 2002-11-20, no success in fixing till now
> > remove xemacs21-packages/2003.01.27-1.1

> Hint added, but this also seems to require removal of xemacs21 itself.
> Thoughts?

Strange.
grep-dctrl -Fdepends,recommends xemacs21-packages < /org/ftp.root/debian/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages
gives me no output at all. Do I make some silly mistake?

> > # ignore 232715 - master.cf modified by maintainer scripts and a conffile
> > # reason: updates from woody to sarge work.
>
> I would prefer that if the package is going to specially handle the
> config file, the maintainer use a tool such as ucf instead of touching a
> conffile.  As such, I'm not going to tag this myself, even though the
> impact appears to be minimal.

I fully agree with you about the way I'd like a package handles this.
However, due to the minimal impact of the bug and the de-facto
importance of postfix, I didn't make a removal suggestion on postfix
(even as there is a second RC-bug that's definitly not sarge-ignore).

> > # wrong shell code, patch sitting since Mar 14 there, in non-free
> > remove maelstrom/1.4.3-L3.0.5-3

> Given that I find 210 usages of test test1 -a test2 in 175 postinsts on
> my local system, and only four of those postinst scripts declare
> /bin/bash as an interpreter, I would like to see a POSIX citation for
> this bug before we endure the joy of that particular mass-bugfiling.
>
> Comment sent to the bug submitter.  I'm inclined to tag this as
> sarge-ignore regardless of the outcome, given the number of affected
> packages and the minimal concrete impact.

Ah, also ok.

Thanks for using these suggestions.

Cheers,
Andi