Re: Packages not moving to testing

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 09:53:29AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > xfree86-driver-synaptics/0.13.0-1

> Built on s390 despite its lack of xserver-xfree86. Anyone?

This is a case of a binary package being built on an arch where it's not
usable.  My feeling is that this package needs to either have s390
excluded from its arch list, or be fixed to not generate any binary
packages on this arch.

> >     The following package groups seem interdependent, but otherwise OK:

> > ace/5.4.0.1-1, dbbalancer/0.4.4-6
> > r-base/1.9.0-1, tseries/0.9.21-1
> > sablevm/1.1.3-1, sablevm-classlib/1.1.3-1

> All hinted in various ways. I'm not sure how r-base and sablevm will
> work; we'll see.

I had hinted sablevm before and it ran into problems similar to those of
xfree86-driver-synaptics on mips.  Have the uninstallable binary
packages since been removed?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer