Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 05:06:21PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 06:39:47AM -0800, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > >
> > > Please don't forget to upgrade the bug again later.
> > >
> > > Downgrading RC bugs for getting a package into testing sometimes has the
> > > effect that the then non-RC bug gets forgotten later [1].
> >
> > I downgraded it because it is NOT A VALID RC BUG IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>
> I'd say a bug in a library that causes segfaults in programs is a good
> candidate for being RC.

There was little point holding up 4.3.0's progress into sarge because of
it; the exact same bug is present in XFree86 4.2.1, already in sarge.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libx11-6

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     The more ridiculous a belief
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     system, the higher the probability