Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:42:30PM -0800, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:40:00AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 07:21:10PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > XFree86 4.3 should be in as soon as it builds and is uploaded on s390.
> > > There's no other new upstream version IMHO worth actually delaying the
> > > release for.

> > XFree86 4.3.0 is now only being help up by weird stuff I don't fully
> > understand:

> > Checking xfree86

> >     * trying to update xfree86 from 4.2.1-12.1 to 4.3.0-7 (candidate is
> >       8 days old)
> >     * Updating xfree86 makes 2 depending packages uninstallable on
> >       alpha: sppc, tulip (recur was tried but failed)[1]

> > Checking sppc

> >     * trying to update sppc from 1.0.1-6 to 1.0.1-8 (candidate is 0 days
> >       old)
> >     * sppc is only 0 days old. It must be 10 days to go in.
> >     * sppc is waiting for xfree86
> >           o Updating xfree86 makes 2 depending packages uninstallable on
> >             alpha: sppc, tulip (recur was tried but failed[2]

> > Checking tulip

> >     * trying to update tulip from 1.2.5-3 to 1.2.5-4 (candidate is 23
> >       days old)
> >     * tulip is waiting for xfree86
> >           o Updating xfree86 makes 2 depending packages uninstallable on
> >             alpha: sppc, tulip (recur was tried but failed)
> >     * Updating tulip makes 1 non-depending packages uninstallable on
> >       alpha: tulip[3]

> > If someone who's better at reading these tea leaves can tell me what I
> > can do to help move this along, please let me know.

> vorlon has hinted the three together, so they should all progress in
> just fine. AFAICT, it actually progressed in with this testing run, but
> my update_output-fu is ageing.

> Kamion said the only thing holding it up yesterday was an RC bug, which
> I promptly downgraded; if it didn't go in today, I expect that will be
> because of the new sppc upload, making it a transitive problem.

Yes, the sppc upload was impeccably timed.  Rather than letting more
packages build up behind xfree86 in the queue for the next 10 days (X is
at the base of 3 of the 4 top blocking issues on
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/toplist.html), I've hinted sppc for removal
from testing on Sunday; it should make its own way back in 10 days
hence.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer