Re: Buildd info lag?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:04:56PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:33:38AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I think that's about it, really. The buildds are operated by humans, and
> > all the signatures are manual although the builds themselves aren't.
>
> More specifically, buildd will start compiling a package fully
> automatically; but it does not handle whatever happened to the build,
> successful or otherwise, by itself -- except in a few corner-cases (when
> the state on buildd.d.o is "maybe-given-back"). Both successful builds
> (have to be signed) and unsuccessful builds (logs have to be interpreted,
> appropriate action has to be taken based on the type of failure) need
> manual intervention when they're finished.

it looks like a lot of work to be done manually... i suppose it is
nearly impossible for a mortal developer to try contributing with this
kind of work, isn't it?

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50