Re: Buildd info lag?

On 2004-03-22 Björn Stenberg <bjorn@haxx.se> wrote:
> Are the testing scripts using old buildd information?

> Example: curl

> Today's update_excuses.html claims it's out of date on arm, s390 and sparc:
>   http://http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html#curl

> However judging from the buildd logs, curl was successfully built for all these architectures already friday night:
>   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=arm&pkg=curl
>   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=s390&pkg=curl
>   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=sparc&pkg=curl

> Are the buildd logs perhaps not the end of the story? Has the
> package been built but not yet signed and uploaded, maybe?

Yes, after the package is built somebody has to manually sign it,
especially during the weekend this can take some days.

> Is there someplace a curious person can find out more about this?

http://buildd.debian.org/stats/ especially
http://buildd.debian.org/stats/sparc-all.txt
explained on http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states
linked from http://buildd.net/

curl is
| web/curl_7.11.1-1: Installed by buildd_sparc-vore
| [optional:out-of-date]
and is currently sitting in http://incoming.debian.org and will be
installed into the archive tonight (iirc at about 23:00 CET).
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"