Re: pysol should be removed from testing

Josh Triplett wrote:
> The current version of PySol in both testing and unstable ships the
> Python source in the package, but does not build from it, and does not
> include any easy way to do so.  Instead, it ships a single precompiled
> ..pyc file supplied by upstream, which, according to README.SOURCE in the
> source package, is created by concatenating all the source files and
> running the result to force Python to compile it.  This approach has
> several problems:
>
> * Difficult to fix bugs (see bug 237035 for an example).
> * No way to verify that the compiled bytecode corresponds to the source.
> * If this version is released, it would be difficult to perform security
>   updates for it.
>
> For these reasons, pysol should be removed from testing until this
> problem is solved.

FWIW: I fully agree.  If that's the way pysol is intended to be generated,
it should be done in the build target, of course, not by upstream.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Of course, I didn't mean that, which is why I didn't say it.
What I meant to say, I said.              -- Thomas Bushnell