Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Steve Langasek wrote:
[...]
> FYI, qalculate-gtk is now built on all platforms, but is waiting on
> libxml2 to precede it into testing.  Once this happens, cln, ginac, and
> qalculate-gtk will be hinted in.

Great.  Let's hope you're right.

Which leaves me wondering: how does one obtain such wisdom?  I mean,
yesterday there was no hint to libxml2 being a blocker to qalculate-gtk on
<http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=qalculate-gtk>.  There was
only mention of it not having built on m68k.  How can developers
distinguish the tip from the rest of the iceberg?

Fun
   -richy.
--
  .''`.  Richard B. Kreckel