Re: Not enough information about sid->testing migration?

Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> I used to think that I would never ask such questions, but I am looking
> for 10th time in last 3 days at:
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=sablevm
>
> And I still cannot understand why packages built from sablevm source
> (sablevm, libsablevm1, libsablevm-dev, jikes-sablevm) cannot migrate to
> testing along with packages built from sablevm-classlib

It looks to me like they simply need to be hinted together. Since you cc:d debian-release, I'm sure someone will look into it.

I have been thinking about trying to make my script detect when hinting is needed, but it's a tricky problem and not at the top of my todo list.

I have changed one of the explanation texts slightly, from "As soon as all other dependencies are solved, the two packages can go in together" to "As soon as all other dependencies are solved, the two packages can be hinted to go in together". I'm unsure if I should tell people to mail debian-release about it, as it could produce unwanted noise on the list. (Opinions from the list?)

--
Björn