Re: kaffe in testing asap

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to have kafe in testing. At the moment, kaffe only build on
> powerpc and i386. What do I have to do to let it go in testing?
>
> o do I have to change arch: any to arch: i386, powerpc

Err... first of all I'd suggest to fix the build mess:

kaffe       unstable  1:1.0.7-3     alpha arm m68k sparc
kaffe       unstable  1:1.1.1-1     s390
kaffe       unstable  1:1.1.1-5.2   hppa ia64
kaffe       unstable  2:1.1.4-1     i386 powerpc source

There seem to be four different versions of various architectures in
unstable.  Of course, this cannot go into testing.

If this package is powerpc+i386 only, you'll have to denote this in
the debian/control file, of course.

> o do I have to ask ftp-masters to remove something (I don't think so)

If powerpc+i386 only then yes, else no.

> The goal is to have a free JDK in debian stable, even if it's only for
> two arches. When kaffe will be in testing, I'll rebuild it to have as
> many arches as possible.

Why not before it is in testing?

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."