Re: Qestions to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:31:05AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> I asked Bjorn Stenberg about why inn2 is waiting on perl (see mail
> below) and he suggested that maybe the sarge testing script would
> ensure, that the version of perl used during building would enter
> sarge before/with inn2. He wasn't sure though and suggested I check
> here to confirm what is realy happening.

> Is he right or is something else going on?

Something else is almost certainly going on.

At a guess, one or more of the architectures that have been backlogged
recently built inn2 after perl 5.8.3 was in the archive, resulting in an
arch-specific dependency bump to libperl5.8 (>= 5.8.3).

Looks like this is the case on m68k at least; there may be others.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer