Re: New hint suggestions

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:07:40AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > As I understand it, the maintainer said "remove when new hydrogen is
> > > ready", not "remove now" ...
> > >
> > > hydrogen (0.8.0-1 to 0.8.1-2)
> > >     Maintainer: Guenter Geiger (Debian/GNU)
> > >     23 days old (needed 10 days)
> > >     out of date on mips: hydrogen (from 0.8.0-1)
> > >     out of date on mipsel: hydrogen (from 0.8.1-1)
> > >     Not considered
> > >     Depends: hydrogen jack-audio-connection-kit
> > >     Depends: hydrogen qt-x11-free
> >
> > It's never going to be ready before jack enters testing, no?
> >
> > I have an impression that he was referring to hydrogen
> > entering unstable (it was in the NEW queue at the time) ?
>
> I think I misunderstood, actually: libhydrogen can be marked to remove
> even if hydrogen isn't ready yet, and it'll go with the rest of the
> hint.
>
> But surely libhydrogen simply ought to be removed from unstable if this
> is the case? Guenter?

Yes, from unstable for sure.

Then, when the new hydrogen enters testing, libhydrogen has to be
removed completely.

To further explain the situation:

the hydrogen application used to be split into libhydrogen and the
program using the library. (its the only program that uses the library)

This has changed with the new release. everything that is needed
for hydrogen is in the hydrogen package itself and it doesn't depend
on libhydrogen anymore.

Guenter