Re: Update: Scheduling another freeze of Jack-related packages

Updates;

Timeline

> 1  Feb 2004 :  Final upload, or hinted 'remove' from testing

  We have already entered this point; and all uploads are done.
  The problem we currently have is that the buildd infrastructure has not
  been in a very good shape, and thus we have a lot of packages that are
  not building.

This page is rather enlightening:
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=jack-audio-connection-kit&expand=1

  We have a lot of logs that look like an interim build failure.
  The pending task will be someone to get the builds actually done.

> 11 Feb 2004 :  All jack-related packages enter testing, or gets removed from testing.

  This is rather optimistic at this rate. We may delay by a few weeks.

> 1 Mar 2004  :  New jack release to Debian unstable.

  This will be delayed until at least the following happens:

1. all packages that were removed from testing due to the process gets back to testing:
  I'm aware of:
    ecasound2.2
    ecawave
    ecamegapedal

2. Other things that were waiting for jack and alsa to enter testing:
    kdemultimedia

3. whatever else ?