Status of gtkhtml3.0 (relevant for balsa, encompass, gnomesword, evolution, peacock and logjam)

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 09:52:36 -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Note that apart from whatever problems encompass itself has, it is stuck
> until gtkhtml3.0 is fixed, and gtkhtml3.0 seems to have had a *lot* of
> trouble.

Past tense indeed. http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=gtkhtml3.0
is starting to look good.

I fixed the crashes on 64-bit platforms issue (#224715) in an NMU, and
downgraded the RC bug regarding inter-library dependencies I filed earlier
(#201000).

gtkhml3.0 currently has no RC bugs, and the arm, mipsel and s390 build
problems all appeared to be transitory ones when I looked at the logs.

It's still a package that could do with some tender love and care and
perhaps a bit backporting from CVS, but there's no urgency to that.

Ray
--
People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that I'm a scheming, conniving
bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings or lost hours of work if it