Re: Consider removing iraf from testing

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 02:59:41PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:49:40PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > ==> remove iraf/2.11.3-2
> >
> > #223543: FTBFS -- requires a bootstrap process which doesn't autobuild
> > #223532: Major FHS violation -- files under /usr/iraf
> > #218793: ships /usr/bin/xpp, conflicting with xpp package (with no Conflicts,
> > even).
> >
> > Oh, it also has installation errors (#223528), dangling symlinks (#138086),
> > and bad dependencies (#168867).
> >
> > The maintainer is supposedly working on these issues with someone who
> > he "hopes" will become the future maintainer.  As of December.  God
> > only knows when that will happen.
> >
> > The current version just isn't releasable; it needs to be removed from
> > sarge.
>
> This does indeed seem to be the case. I've marked iraf (and necessarily
> iraf-noaobin too) to be removed from testing; it'll have a chance to
> return if its release-critical bugs are fixed soon.

    Go ahead and yank it.  It needs to be repackaged from scratch at
this point, and the person who I was working with on it hasn't sent me
anything about it for quite some time.  I don't have time right now to
do a complete rebuild.  I'll resubmit it in the summer if I work it
out.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.