Re: beta 2 and beyond

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 05:13:11PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:01:06PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > I notice that lots of people here and elsewhere are talking as if
> > sarge's release is fairly imminant. I must have missed a message from aj
> > giving a projected date; what's up?

> If we foster that attitude then it has a much better chance of becoming
> a self-fulfilling prophecy. :)

> (I haven't heard a projected date either, but my strong impression is
> that a lot of things are falling into place, so we should be able to
> work something out "soon" - perhaps once the reaction to d-i beta2 is
> clear.)

Precisely -- the release can only be as imminent as we're willing to
believe it is. :)

The exact release timeline is obviously aj's call, but given the
tremendous effort that Colin, Nathan et al. have put into getting
testing updated, I think we're close to having everything in sarge
that's going to be in sarge, which will leave only the question of
pulling things out of sarge that are RC buggy and *shouldn't* be there.

And the question of the installer.  Hence the studious application of
spurs. ;)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer