Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:28:49PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Any opinions from -release?

AFAICS 193062 shouldn't be serious, or even necessarily open. I don't
believe the presence of debug symbols violates anything in the sarge RC
policy, nor that it should do so.

OTOH, the maintainer is the one who titled the bug "subversion should not
enter testing", and marked it serious, which is well within his rights.

We might need to announce a policy of automatically closing serious bugs
of the form "<foo> should not enter testing" to ensure people document
the *reason* it shouldn't enter testing, rather than the fact that it
shouldn't enter testing, if it's proving harmful.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004