Re: And next name after Sarge? or PROPOSAL for Codenames' election

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 16:09, Xan wrote:

> Recently, I'm worried about the election of codenames of Debian: 1) how they
> are choosen and by who, and 2) what will happen when the Toy Story names
> finish.

1) by aj, the Release Manager -- it's one of the (few) perks of his job.

2) we'll probably move on to Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo,
   etc.

> 1) I asked what's the next name after Sarge

"etch" has been bandied about randomly (probably because it's the next
one in the list in the SGML file :p) but until aj makes a decision it's
entirely finger-in-the-air.

Your e-mail seems a far too unwieldly proposal for something as trivial
as the code names, the current system (Release Manager picks the new one
after a Release) works, let's keep it.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?