Re: Moving glibc out of unstable

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 02:17:16PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 06:12:42PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > As of a few minutes ago, there's nothing left in the TODO file that I
> > consider a showstopper (except for the final check of files/control
> > scripts/etc on non-i386 architectures, after everything is built).
> >
> > I'm going to tackle a couple of the low-hanging RC bugs tonight and
> > tomorrow (MIPS msq, Sparc kernel warning, something else I've forgotten).
> > After that I believe the packages are ready to leave experimental.  They'll
> > probably need some TLC in unstable, but that has to happen eventually if
> > they're to make sarge.  These packages do bump the shlib dependency, so
> > backing down will be messy.
> >
> > Does anyone else have issues that we need to address before they enter
> > unstable?  If so, _please_ let me know in the next day or two.  Otherwise we
> > should freeze CVS on (let's say) Tuesday, build and test 2.3.2.ds1-8 on as
> > many architectures as possible, and upload probably straight into unstable.
> >
> > All comments welcome.
>
> Everything (except the translations, which someone else will need to
> take care of, and is not a regression relative to unstable) has been
> taken care of.
>
> I'm going to merge or branch to the head of the debian-glibc CVS
> repository tonight, mark 2.3.2.ds1-8 as destined for unstable, and tag
> it.  Let's build it for those architectures we can, and put binaries in
> ~dan/public_html/glibc/ on ftp-master.debian.org, to move into unstable
> together.

The .diff.gz and .dsc, signed, are in that directory.  I'm building
i686; I'll do PowerPC later tonight.  Probably S/390 and sparc also, on
Debian equipment.

I believe that Jeff is going to do Alpha and ia64, and James Troup
offered to do m68k.  That'll give us enough to make a confident upload,
I think.  Mips, mipsel, arm, and hppa are all expected to work at this
point.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz