libgc affecting python transition?

Ryan Murray writes:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 07:33:20PM -0500, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> >  yehia (0.5.4-5) unstable; urgency=high
> >  .
> >    * Transitioned to Python 2.3.
> >      - Urgency high upload not to slow python2.3 transition.
> >    * Switched from CBS to CDBS.
> >    * Changed libgc6-dev build-dependency to libgc-dev (closes: #211343).
> >    * Renamed libyehia0.5-python to python-yehia, to conform to Python
> >      Policy.
> >    * Standards-Version 3.6.1 (no changes).
>
> FYI, This means that the python transition will depend on the libgc transition.
> Left to go for libgc are:

... besides many out-of-date-on-some-arch packages and RC reports in
packages converted to the new libgc.

the packages not converted should be easy to fix. I'll prepare NMU's
tonight.

> 	synopsis (#211341)

> 	stklos   (#207027)
Adam, could you update this?

> 	oo2c     (#211342)
I think Florian Weps is "MIA". At least that's what I learned from the
rudiments and sqlrelay uploads.

	Matthias

PS: Is there a reason, why a libfoo2-dev package is not built anymore,
    before a libfoo3-dev package enters testing. Looks like this would
    speed up library transitions.