Re: Getting libxml2/lixslt into testing -- remove suggestions

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:48:19PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to figure out the holdups with this.  So much depends on libxml2
> that it seems worth removing a few things from 'testing' to get it in ASAP.

> rubrica
> -------
> Ties the whole thing into the python2.3 transition.
> Suggestion: Remove from testing temporarily to allow these transitions
> to be independent.

This has already been requested, but there seems to be some question of
whether it will happen before python2.3 is ready in its own right.  The
python2.3 transition is probably a little over 10 days out at this
point.  My own preference would be to see rubrica removed from testing,
so that there's some visible progress within the next 10 days.

> libgda2, libgnomedb2
> --------------------
> Ties the update to the postgresql update, which is dependent on python2.3
> and perl as well as libxml2.
> Suggestion: Remove from testing temporarily to allow these transitions to
> be independent.

> gdome2-xslt, gmetadom
> ---------------------
> Ties the update to ocaml.
> Suggestion: Contact ocaml people to see what the status of the hppa and
> m68k build failures is, and whether they will be resolved soon.
> If they *will*, wait. If they *won't*, pull from testing temporarily.

I don't think that either of the above two sets actually have to be
updated together *with* libxml2.  They show up as broken in the
update_output list only because libxml2 and libxslt need to be hinted
together, AFAIK.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer