Re: More testing cleanup

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:38:16PM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> (By the way, why do we worry about non-free software wrt to
> testing and the release?)

Up until hamm we didn't have different contrib and non-free archives for
stable and unstable; it was introduced for hamm because the unstable
packages would be built against libc6 and thus wouldn't work on libc5
systems. Same thing still pretty much applies.

The testing scripts include it for much the same reason and because it's
effectively no effort.

] Thus, although non-free software isn't a part of Debian, we
] support its use, and we provide infrastructure (such as our
] bug-tracking system and mailing lists) for non-free software packages.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda