Re: Summary of python transition problems

> (cc'ed to -release for general information)
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Here's a summary of the problems currently blocking python2.3 from
> testing. It may be slightly incomplete, but I think I've got most of
> them.
>

> Buggy packages
> ==============
[...]

what about python2.3 having "Depends: python (>= 2.3)"

This is IMHO a policy violation. python (2.3) should depend on python2.3,
python2.3 should not depend on python.

It's playing havoc with my mixed testing/unstable systems, as some
unstable packages want python2.3 (>=2.3), which then wants to pull in
every single python package from unstable because it forces the python
(2.3) transition which I really don't want to do until it is ready. It
doesn't have to be this way.

Should someone file a bug report against this?

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/