Re: jack 0.75 mini-freeze

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 06:25:23PM +0200, guenter geiger wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Hi, fellow debian audio developers, and release managers.

> > I think jack-audio-connection-kit and related packages should enter
> > mini-freeze, to get something released to testing.

> > python2.3, which was one of the largest stumbling blocks has now
> > entered testing.

> What does a mini freeze mean for us maintainers of jack related packages ?
> Uploads of bug fixes only, no new "features" ?

The "mini" would refer to the breadth of the freeze (in number of
packages covered), not its depth, so ideally you would avoid any uploads
that could potentially delay the progression of all the packages into
testing.  That means that if there are 9 days left, and your package has
a wait time of 10 days and currently has no outstanding RC bugs, you
would not want to do *any* uploads, bug fixes or not.  Indeed, if you
don't have any RC bugs in your packages right now, the safest strategy
is to not upload at all until they make it into testing, to avoid
angering your fellow maintainers. ;)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer