Re: HPPA still *ed...

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 04:17:50PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:08:41PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > HPPA doesn't have updated glibc yet (still).  No ETA.
> > > That means that the fixed GCC 3.3 won't build on HPPA, so it can't go
> > > into 'testing'.
> >
> > The new glibc went into testing despite hppa, so it's probably safe to
> > assume that the new gcc will follow suit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't essential packages from main supposed to
stay forever in unstable, until they build for all architectures, at which point
it is cuatiously allowed to move to testing?  Why was glibc allowed to slide
down to testing when hppa (assuming that hppa is the only case) didn't build?

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/