Re: More Assignments

Hello RM/RAs,

I've been following this list for quite a while, and even though I'm not
a DD (yet) and therefore can't NMU pkgs, I figure there's enough work
that I can do to help out the release process while I simmer in the NM
queue.

So here goes my attempt to construct a list of packages with RC bugs
that can be removed from testing/unstable:

Package: ibm-jdk1.1-installer
Testing: 1.1.8-5
Unstable: 1.1.8-5
Bugs: 195293
Suggestion: remove-from-testing
Analysis:
 This is an installer package in contrib for version 1.1 of the IBM jdk.
 The files the package purports to install are no longer available from
 IBM.  Maintainer says he will contact IBM to see if it is still
 available.  No point in releasing until this is resolved.

Package: texdoctk
Testing: 0.5.1-4
Unstable: 0.5.1-4
Bugs: 189345 199880 203394
Suggestion: remove-from-testing, remove-from unstable
Analysis:
  Package is uninstallable, and in the maintainer's words obsolete.  In
  bug 203394 the maintainer says that removal has been requested from
  both unstable and testing but this obviously hasn't happened, yet...

Package: pydb
Testing: 1.01-7
Unstable: 1.01-7
Bugs: 205309
Suggestion: remove-from-testing
Analysis:
  Package hasn't had an upload since 2002-09-24.  Maintainer hasn't
  shown any activity on bugs against the package dating back to July of
  2001.  It is currently uninstallable since it has a dependancy on
  python2.2.  Package should be removed from testing until such time as
  it is updated to work with the current version of python (2.3).

Package: pxfonts
Testing: 1.0+1-5
Unstable: 1.0+1-5
Bugs: 195932 202535
Suggestion: remove-from-testing, remove-from-unstable
Analysis:
  Package hasn't had an upload since 2002-03-20.  Package has been
  merged into tetex-base (which Replaces it).  However, the package has
  a buggy prerm script which breaks the upgrade process.  A patch has
  been sent to bug 202535.  IMHO, this should be NMUed and uploaded to
  proposed-updates, and then the package should be removed from testing
  and unstable.

Package: pips
Testing: N/A
Unstable: 1.2-1
Bugs: 193741 93524
Suggestion: remove-from-unstable
Analysis:
  This is a non-free package that hasn't seen an upload in almost three
  years.  It is marked Arch: Any, when it should be Arch: i386.  To top
  it off it is uninstallable on i386 since it depends on xlib6g!

Well, that's it for now folks.  Please pardon me if I duplicated
anyone's work, I can't see ftp-master:~ajt/release-assistants/claims/ to
check... ;-)  Let me know if this is useful, if I'm on the right
track, and whether I should try for more.

Joe Nahmias