Re: More Assignments

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:39:20PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 02:09:35PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Package: elvis
[...]
> > > Suggestion: remove-from-testing

> > This is claimed on the NMU claims page by petervr@d.o, and there is a
> > patch. Given peter's last mail on the bug, I think he'd rather upload a
> > NMU right now than see it removed from testing.
>
> Given that the NMU would not directly affect the bugs in testing, and
> given that actions speak much louder than words around here, I don't see
> that these are mutually exclusive.  If anything, having the package
> disappear from testing is /more/ likely to get someone to step up to the
> plate and follow this fix through, IMHO.

To be really fair, I don't really care one way or another if elvis
is removed or not.

As for the bug status, Georg Neis has ITA'd this package and wrote
he would (try to) get it (the new version of elvis) finished this week.
The NMU is fully prepared, though - do (any of) you think I should still
upload it?  The only possible drawback I can see is that it might waste
some autobuilder resources.

Cheers,

Peter
--
Peter van Rossum, <petervr@nmsu.edu>   |  Universal law of linearity: for all
Dept. of Mathematics, New Mexico       |   f : R -> R and for all x, y in R: