Re: debian-release list dead?

Peter Palfrader wrote:
> I intended to ask for removal of this list but Joey sugested to ask
> first whether anybody intents to use this list or finds it useful as it
> is now.

I took a list at the content of this list.  In theory it should be
used for release management but since this burdon basically lays on
the release manager, he doesn't need this list for it.

Also, release status reports are sent to debian-devel-announce, which
is a more proper place, I guess.  Discussions could then happen to
debian-devel.

The boot-floppies folks also cross-posted some status mails to this
list, but may probably better use the debian-devel-announce for status
mails as well, and direct discussions to debian-devel.

So yes, I agree, that this list isn't used properly and hence should
be removed.  Today it's mostly a spam collector which we don't need.

>From the other mails I saw, there don't seem to be objections.  Though,
maybe the release manager and/or the boot-floppies/debian-installer
people would like to raise their concern as well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!