Re: 3.0.22 plan, translations (b-f bugs dropping like flies.)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> > debian-dvd: do we want to make official debian dvd's?  what is
> >      involved?
>
> AFAIK debian-cd should be able to produce an iso9660-image of any size,
> so it should work for DVDs too. I do not thing that distributing the
> whole image on all mirrors makes much sense - it is IMHO possible keep
> the DVD image on few servers. End users can "cat" CD images into one
> file and let rsync cook an DVD image from this file. Or isn't this new
> JugDo method useable for this purpose?

I have built massive images with debian-cd, but not quite as large as a
DVD.  cat'ing the CD images and then running rsync would work. The pseudo
image kit should work as is.  I am not certain about jigdo, I have not
used it.

Phil.

__

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz