Re: e2fsprogs 1.26

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:39:25AM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> e2fsprogs 1.26 is out, including fixes for one but tagged important,
> ext3-related fixes, reiserfs support in fsck, and more complete
> support for filesystems in >2GB files.
>
> I suppose it is too late to get this one in base, so I can package it
> in an e2fsprogs-1.26 package if needed.  However, it would probably be
> better if it could go in base...  What do boot-floppies and release
> manager think ?

Am I correct in thinking that e2fsprogs doesn't provide any shared
libraries, or anything else that might cause packages built with the
new e2fsprogs to not work on systems with the old e2fsprogs? Assuming
that's the case...

I don't think it should be a problem if you just upload e2fsprogs 1.26
(same package, new version). It'll take 20 days of unstable users beating
on it before it's let into woody assuming you set the urgency to "low",
which should be enough time to notice any severe problems with it.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/