Re: kernel-source 2.2.19-5 for potato

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

> I'm in the process of uploading kernel-source 2.2.19-5 to potato, which
> contains patches that were forwarded to me by Wichert Akkerman.  These
> patches fix a /tmp core dump attack as well as a sparc64 specific exec
> bug that is identical to the one fixed in 2.2.19.
>
> So please consider releasing new kernel-images for potato where it is
> appropriate.  Thanks.

I'd be happy to rebuild the Potato boot-floppies with this kernel.
Since the kernel version hasn't changed, it doesn't even require a
boot-floppies source upload again (e.g., it's just a new build of the
old source -- I guess I would do NMU numbering on it, like 2.2.25.0.1
?)

I guess I will assume I need to to that.  I will try to have it
built/uploaded by Tuesday.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>