Re: 2.2r3 and boot-floppies

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:32:27PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > I don't think all ports have rebuilt yet.  PowerPC seems to have
> > serious kernel troubles.
>
> its a misconfiguration, sysrq is turned on and this happens to break
> the arrow keys on some keyboards.  sysrq needs to stay off on powerpc
> for the timebeing, none of the powerpc kernel hackers use it so its
> almost invariably broken.

Has anyone filed a grave bug against the PowerPC kernel (must be
kernel-image-2.2.18pre21-pmac )?

Is anyone going to attempt to fix this for a Potato update?

> the other issue is the boot-floppies are broken since the root disk
> prompt won't accept enter (or anything) to continue.

Is this related?  It's a kernel issue, right?

> > Do I need to think about another potato update for 2.2.19 kernels?
>
> IMO shipping a pre kernel when the real one is out is somewhat tacky
> at the least...

Yah, well, if I'm provided kernels/modules for i386 its pretty easy to
update the boot-floppies.  I find that such minor kernel version
changes rarely break things (at least on i386).

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>