Latest version of installation documentation ?

Hi,

I just did an update of the CVS boot-floppies, and I have now made the PDF
for the installation guides (especially the French, English and German
versions interest me).

Can I be sure that these are mostly the latest version ?  Or are those
documents copied some another CVS or project ?

Additionnally, when making those, I get `version, ' plus today's date, not
a version (I assume you have to do something for that to happen, or maybe
checkout a specific version ?)

thank you.