Re: Debian 3.0 (woody) Freeze Begins

Anthony Towns <ajt@debian.org> writes:
> While I may not be too concerned one way or another about the name of the
> next release, I do have some ideas about how it might be good to handle
> the next release. My overriding goal for this release was to manage to
> get a short, controllable freeze; one that we can get over and done with
> in a few months, rather than letting it drag on for seven months with no
> end in sight, but this came at a cost of letting the development cycle
> go on for quite a while: ten and a half months, as it turned out. For
> the next cycle (assuming this freeze actually turns out to be relatively
> short and controlled), I think it would be interesting to see if we can
> do the same thing again, with a short (2 or 3 month) development cycle,
> for a 5 to 7 month release cycle.

I think it woudl be great if we could.  But obviously we'd need to
have a ready installation system right in november for post-woody,
that is, debian-installer.  Have you asked Joey Hess when he projects
it will be feature complete and ready for testing phase?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>