Re: 2.2r3 preparation

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 02:40:12PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Is there any agreement from the release manager on my project to get
> 2.2r3 out?

Hey, this just isn't right. I'm meant to be nagging you, not the other
way around.

Sure, I'll start looking over all the proposed updates now.

I suspect we won't make the end of Jan, but we may as well try for it.

Anyone have any worthwhile opinions on how 2.2r3 and 2.4.0 should get
along? There already seems to be an iptables package and adding a new
devfsd package would have little chance of breaking any existing installs
(assuming they don't install it). modutils is out of date, though. It
might be worth considering making a modutils-2.4 package, which would
work in most cases, and run little risk of breaking anyone's system.

Of course, there's no way we're going to support 2.4.x in potato much
better than we supported 2.2.x in slink, but including stuff for it
on CDs in extra doesn't strike me as unreasonable. I'm prepared to be
shouted down, of course.

If someone (Ben?) wants to ask around to see what else has to be resolved
in r3, that'd be helpful.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''