Re: boot-flopppies 2.2.18 and 2.2r2 and kernel 2.2.17

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:41:38PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Is it possible, in the short term, to get a revised 2.2.17 with the
> fixed package versioning (an epoch or whatever you gotta do)?

Well the old packages were fine as far as version monotonicity was
concerned.  It was rejected because the RM thought that the epoch would
cause people too much grief (something that I don't entirely agree with).

Is it convenient for you to wait until this weekend? Because I have a
hunch that 2.2.18 might be out soon so it may not be worthwhile spending
a whole lot of effort recompiling kernel images for all architectures
straight away.  What do you think?

> If you'd rather just work on 2.2.18, is it possible to get an ETA for
> that?

If you really need it straight away, I can give you a kernel source and
half of the i386 images tomorrow night my time (+1100).  And if Randolph,
Brian are around, we can probably have something ready by Friday.  But
as I said, it may be wise to wait until the weekend to see if there are
any developments on the 2.2.18 front.