Re: point release versioning [was Re: dedication]

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Philip Hands wrote:
> > > Shouldn't that be 2.2 r1?
> >
> > The first revision will be 2.2r1
>
> That's interesting -- there was no 2.1r1. See
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/ChangeLog which begins with
> 2.1r2.

Exactly.

This is the mistake I thought I'd try and make sure we didn't repeat,
hence my mail.

So just to make this clear, we're calling the releases as follows:

   2.2    The thing that's definitely happening in a couple of weeks ;-)

   2.2r1  The first revision, after the initial release

   2.2r2  etc.

Right?

Cheers, Phil.