Re: Test Cycle Three

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:22:13AM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> > > Second, it means we need a final set of release notes for TC3. These will
> > > need to be updated again after TC3 to document any further problems we
> > > have, of course, but the TC3 release notes will need to be ready by around
> > > 16:00 Monday, GMT.
> >
> > I already asked this some time ago, but still nothing has happened:
> >
> > The latest slink/sparc apt and dpkg are supposed to be available in
               ===========
> > potato/main/upgrade-sparc, as they're needed to upgrade from 2.1rX, X<=3
> > using CDs. They are not there yet.
>
> Someone needs to provide these, and then a FTP admin needs to install
> them...

They are already in the archive, in dists/slink/main/binary-sparc/. They
simply need to be copied (or hard-linked, if you prefer).

> > More info in the sparc release-notes section 3.3.  (And AFAIK this is not
> > going to change in the final release-notes.)
>
> What exactly do you mean? If anything should be changed, tell me (and fast!).

There it says that you have to install the latest slink versions of apt and
dpkg "that are available in the upgrade-sparc/ dir". They'd better be there.
The doc is okay, but the FTP site isn't.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer