Test Cycle 2 Report and Problem

Greetings,
	Last night I was doing an install using the test cycle 2 images.
Everything went smoothly except for one minor detail that seems to be
consistently poor in the potato images I've used.  I use a plethora or
inexpensive (read cheap) computing equipment, most notably a supply of ISA
NE2000 compatible NICs.  With installing the ne.o device driver for an ISA
card, you must supply options for the IO address and IRQ (e.g. io=0x240
irq=5).  It seems that the installation scripts are not passing these
parameters on to the actual 'insmod' when attempting to load the module.
	What usually happens is that I flip over to another console, change to the
proper directory and manually type 'insmod ne.o io=0x240 irq=5".  Then I
flip back to the original and continue on perfectly.  This really needs to
be addressed for those newbies that aren't going to be aware.  A couple of
years ago I wouldn't have been too worried about it since networking was
more of an art and one needed more background to get a successful network
going.  However, with the proliferation of DHCP cable modems, DSL, and
whatever comes along next, people are going to try to get by cheap (what's
one of the best things about linux?  Well, yes it's not M$, I was talking
about the price).

Thanks for your attention,

Brooks